A CD A Day

I have always loved music and working in and later co-owning a record store has allowed me to aquire a huge music collection which I am constantly adding to. The other day I realized that the only problem is that I have all this music and yet I have never listened to a huge portion of the CDs all the way through. That had to change. From now on I'll be picking a CD everyday to listen to and report back to you guys my thoughts.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Kristen Stewart, And Bad Acting

Today's CD is I Love Rock 'n' Roll by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts. This was Joan's second studio album after The Runaways disbanded and was the first to feature her band "The Blackhearts". For those of you who have no idea who any of those people or groups are, I would suggest you watch "The Runaways" (2010) as soon as you can and then check out this album to fully understand the greatness of Joan Jett. And yes I agree with you, Kristen Stewart is a horribly shitty actress but you have to just accept that and watch the movie anyways. I mean seriously, who in the hell thought putting her non acting ass in a franchise film series was a good idea? I know the movies have made a ton of money but that's in spite of her not because of her. And while we're discussing those flaming piles of shit films, you Twilight weirdos do understand the writer is ripping off Joss Whedon and Buffy the Vampire Slayer don't you? Plus she is just making up bullshit vampire rules to fill in the massive plot holes in her stories. Was I this dumb as a child that I would have liked something so badly written and acted? Probably but I can pretend I wasn't.

Anyways, back to the album, this thing is amazing. The title track alone makes this album worth buying, it is a hard hitting straight rock & roll anthem. Released in 1982, it hit #1 on the Billboard Chart and stayed there for 7 weeks. The whole album is just song after song of straight up old school rock & roll including a rocked out version of the Christmas classic "Little Drummer Boy". This version of the CD includes several bonus tracks including a alternate version of "Nag" featuring The Coasters and a rollicking version of the frat classic "Louie Louie". All in all this is a great album that is the type of rock & roll everybody can listen to. It's simple, straight forward, and classic. Highly recommended and hopefully some of you will learn something from this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uptown Sounds

Uptown Sounds
Me, D-Tec, & Jay-Z circa Hard Knock Life Tour