A CD A Day

I have always loved music and working in and later co-owning a record store has allowed me to aquire a huge music collection which I am constantly adding to. The other day I realized that the only problem is that I have all this music and yet I have never listened to a huge portion of the CDs all the way through. That had to change. From now on I'll be picking a CD everyday to listen to and report back to you guys my thoughts.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

In A ATL Frame Of Mind - Oooooooohhh...On The TLC Tip

Came home and turned on Retro Centric like I always do and the video for "Hat 2 Da Back" came on and I decided I wanted to listen to TLC's first album again. I rememeber the first time I heard, and saw I guess since it was the video, "Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg". I thought it was crazy and totally different then anything out at the time. Three smokin' hot ladies who were singing and rapping over a track that killed. I bought the CD when it dropped in Febuary of '92 (11th grade, damn I'm getting old) and loved it. Listening to it now I still enjoy it but listening to it after having heard CrazySexyCool I realize this was just their finding their sound CD. There were four singles from this album and that seems about right. The other songs a good but nothing jumps out at you like those four tracks. All in all, still enjoy the hell out of this album and it really sets the table for they massive success they would later enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uptown Sounds

Uptown Sounds
Me, D-Tec, & Jay-Z circa Hard Knock Life Tour