A CD A Day

I have always loved music and working in and later co-owning a record store has allowed me to aquire a huge music collection which I am constantly adding to. The other day I realized that the only problem is that I have all this music and yet I have never listened to a huge portion of the CDs all the way through. That had to change. From now on I'll be picking a CD everyday to listen to and report back to you guys my thoughts.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Grease, Soul On Ice, Duets - The Chapter, & The Social Network or Way To Much Time Alone Today

Banged out 4 albums today which means either I need a life in the worst way or I was sick in the bed all day. And I'm healthy as a horse, well except for that whole not being able to walk thing, so I guess I really need a life. Anyways, going to keep these short and simple since there are so many plus it's getting late.

Grease - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
This is what you guys voted on and I was thrilled to do it. Call me whatever you want but this CD is a classic. Just song after song that everybody knows the words to, and don't pretend like you don't. "Your The One That I Want" and "Greased Lightnin" are probably my favorites but this album is loaded with greatness. The best songs are the ones specifically for the film as there are some classics on here that were hits long before this film was thought of. I mean who doesn't hear "Summer Nights" and instantly think of Travolta singing in the bleachers and then running into Olivia Newton-John and being shocked as hell. And the final scene with Olivia in those pants so tight they had to sew them on her. Smokin hot. And listen to the words of "Greased Lightnin", that is one nasty ass little song. They actually call the car a "pussy wagon", how slick is that?

Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
This is some straight up lyrical West Coast hip-hop right here. Ras Kass debut album from 1996 still delivers to this day. The beats don't sound dated at all and the topics are just as relevant today as they were back then. The highlight of the album to me is still "The Evil That Men Do", a 6 minute long breakdown of history. Not the history they teach in those school books and Sunday school but the real history of mankind. Just a brilliant record by a actual emcee not some Wacka Flocka bullshit ass rapper. If you like lyrics and skills hunt this album down and check it out. Promise you'll be better for the experience.




The Notorious B.I.G. - Duets - The Final Chapter
Also known as Puff's third to last Biggie money grab. This album will appeal to those pop radio listening rap fans. If the only Biggie songs you know are Hypnotize & Mo' Money Mo' Problems then you'll be entertained by this money grab CD. If your a real B.I.G. fan then you see this CD for what it is, a bunch of repackaged songs from his first two Cd's over new beats with a bunch of guest stars, many of which I doubt B.I.G. would ever work with if he hadn't been murdered. It's the type of thing that should really piss you off if you love hip-hop. And I mean hip-hop not rap. There is a difference for you children out there. B.I.G. was hip-hop, Wacka Flocka and all that dumbed down bullshit is rap. No skills having ass clowns over a simple ass beat making everybody listening dumber with each word.



The Social Network Soundtrack / Score - Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross
Most of you probably won't ever listen to this but if you saw the movie you know how great the music is. I just love this soundtrack and Daft Punk's Tron Legacy soundtrack as my background music while I'm writing or working around the house. This is the darker of the two and just fit my mood today. either you know it or you don't and you either love it or don't care about it at all.  But it was my fourth album of the day so it gets talked about today. I highly recommend it to all the film lovers out there.

That's all for today. Vote for tomorrow's CD in the poll and I'll see you then, Cheapsoles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uptown Sounds

Uptown Sounds
Me, D-Tec, & Jay-Z circa Hard Knock Life Tour